Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: V.P Debate

  1. #31
    Inactive Member ndn_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2006
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: V.P Debate

    What is it about political discussions that makes people go for the jugular so quickly?

  2. #32
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: V.P Debate

    I don't know....I remember back in 92 right after the Bush/Clinton Election I was working at the Piggly Wiggly and saw an old wonam attack an old man with a loaf of bread for saying that he needed to get grocerys now before the new Prez raised taxes so high he would not be able to shop any more

  3. #33
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: V.P Debate

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVVikeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lpdbuckeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVVikeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lpdbuckeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVVikeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Here again you have to consider that was a statement from an IDIOT with the IQ of about my shoe size.</div></div>

    This coming from someone who constantly uses a logical fallacy as a way to argue? </div></div>

    He is just an idiot. That has nothing to do with politics. Just a statement of fact. I am going to come up with where I know him from. I have met him and it had something to do with some sort of public assistance, which he denies. Just proves why he loves B. HUSSEIN so much. Wants more of our tax money to live on. </div></div>

    So you met him and he's on welfare or something?
    Get your facts straight man. I know him and his family and have for years and years. You're sadly mistaken. </div></div>

    Nope. Not mistaken. I finally remembered. I won't go into detail except to say it wasn't exactly welfare, but I was right.</div></div>

    Trust me, his family is pretty well off. He's told you to go to go into detail now, so please, feed us some more. I'd like to see how far you're willing to go with it.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: V.P Debate

    Won't go into detail. Really don't want to embarrass anybody. Of course if his own posts don't embarrass him I guess it would take a lot. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] I'm not making fun of him or putting him down for the assistance, and I have said that was in the past by the way. I make money from the program. I'm glad some people do need it. Just wanted to show why some people follow B. HUSSEIN so blindly. If R13 stuck his head up B. BUSSEIN's butt about 2 feet he would smell roses. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  5. #35
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: V.P Debate

    Sarah Palin didn't answer a question one unless it dealt with energy...and those answers were the same over and over and over. I thought she looked and sounded ignorant of the responsibilities she is running for.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #36
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: V.P Debate

    I swear, if I hear the words "Maverick" or "Alaska" come out of Palin's mouth one more time...

    That was her answer to everything. The thing that stuck out to me was that everytime there was a question about national/world politics, she did one of 4 things:

    1) answered the question w/circular logic using a GOP talking point, repeating herself ala Frank Caliendo doing his John Madden impersonation,

    2) answered the question not with her own answer but with how "the Maverick" would handle it,

    3) talked about a national/world problem in the context of her experiences as a mayor & governor in Alaska and tried to make it sound like that experience was better than Biden's experiences in the Senate,

    4) Started talking about something completely different because she either didn't like the question or couldn't answer it well.

    Her own personal energy and her veracity was admirable, and that's what the core GOP supporters I'm sure loved. Stabs at the "in-the-tank moderator" (quote: Michelle Malkin), saying she would not answer her questions, and by saying that she at the same time enjoyed the debate b/c she could talk w/o the "filter of the mainstream media"--that was bound to make the GOP core stand & applaud.

    It came off to me as the girl from the small-town school debate team who was better than everyone from her area, but when she got to the big stage--her old tricks didn't work, so she resorted to bucking the format and attacking the way Biden made points (not his actual points, but how he made them), while making next to none of her own.

    She didn't back down, I'll give her that--but she didn't do anything of substance either.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: V.P Debate

    She'd be better off letting Tina Fey impersonate her at the next debate if they have one..lol...she makes more sense than Palin
    "I can see Russia from my house"..lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #38
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: V.P Debate

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndn_fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is it about political discussions that makes people go for the jugular so quickly? </div></div>
    I think it is because politics seems to be the only "perceived" control we have over the affairs of the world around us. I say perceived because I really think the common people have little to no control over this country.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #39
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: V.P Debate

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sarah Palin didn't answer a question one unless it dealt with energy...and those answers were the same over and over and over. I thought she looked and sounded ignorant of the responsibilities she is running for. </div></div>


    And Joe Biden did better ?? Most of what he did say was wrong,
    He was one of those, like the Clinyons, who told the truth about B HUSSEIN in the beginning. You know, not ready to lead, a joke, dangerous, no experience at all..............
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  10. #40
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: V.P Debate

    The thing is, Biden addressed the issues he was questioned about. Palin addressed energy, alaska..and that was about it. She didn't give any details hardly about anything. And, I don't think it's because she didn't want to...I think she just doesn't know.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •